Efficiency and Noise emission testing for shhark® LoNoise gear pump
End users are becoming increasingly sensitive to noise emissions and efficiency, so much so that many countries, particularly in Europe, have introduced rules to increase efficiency and reduce NVH (noise, vibration, harshness), so that vehicle operators can enjoy a much more comfortable environment.
On a mission to meet and exceed the new request for end-user’s comfort, while meeting updated manufacturer’s legal requirements, Turolla has designed a low noise patented gear pump capable of reducing the noise emission in the cab, while also increasing efficiency.
Turolla and Danfoss Power Solutions team gathered together to test the shhark® on a roller available at ADC in Haiyan, in comparison with a Turolla standard pump.
The test was conducted on a drum road roller available at the Danfoss Power Solutions Application Development Centre (ADC) in Haiyan, China.
Along with a Turolla 19cc fan motor, the shhark® 25cc LoNoise pump was mounted as a steering/fan pump on the machine (steering priority). Sound level, flowrate, and discharge pressure were measured throughout the operation, which compared a standard Turolla gear pump to the a shhark®.
Sound level to -8.2db
The sound test was conducted according to the ISO 6396.
- The innovative shhark® pump reduced the noise in the cab to guarantee the most demanding noise legal requirements (Directive 2003/EC, lower exposure action value 80 dB(A)) at all conditions.
- The noise reduction, at maximum speed and in the noisiest position in the cab (100 mm distance from left ear), reached an outstanding – 8.2 dB(A) during steering.
Volumetric Efficiency +2%
- The volumetric efficiency of shhark® beats that of the standard pump by roughly 2%;
- A higher volumetric efficiency means that the pump is able to supply a higher flow and consequently grant better performance.
Application Development Centers (ADC)
Many customers have already experienced the benefits of the ADCs, where our application specialists test and optimize advanced hydraulic systems for self-propelled machines.
With nearly 45,000 square meters, the ADC Asia test track is fully equipped for vehicle performance testing, enabling customers to reduce development costs and time to market, while minimizing technical risks.
The ADC Asia test track in Haiyan complements the ADC Europe facilities in Nordborg, Denmark, and ADC Americas in Ames, Iowa, where shhark® is being currently testing. Take a virtual tour.
Interested in getting a better understanding of how shhark® can help YOU reduce costs and improve performance?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you access to a large amount of data and eventually the opportunity to test shhark® at the Danfoss ADC center nearest to you.
shhark® Gr. 2Family Code: SHHP2
Evolutionary low noise patented gear pump technology. shhark® is the low noise external gear pump with outstanding performance guaranteed throughout the whole life of the pump.
- QUIETER PUMP – noise level emissions reduced by 5 to 9 dB(A)
- LOW VIBRATION – flow pulsation reduced by a stunning 78%
- DURATION – low noise performance guaranteed throughout the whole life of the pump
- EFFICIENCY – higher efficiency compared to standard gear pumps
- SAVINGS – cost, weight and footprint savings
- LEGISLATION – helps meet legal NVH requirements
- INTERCHANGEABLE – allows to fully replace Turolla standard gear pumps