The climate for industrial and economic growth is changing as resource scarcity pushes up costs, and Off-Highway Mobile Machinery OEMs and end users are more closely scrutinized because of changing expectations about their public and social responsibilities. Undoubtfully, electric and hybrid vehicles are a suitable solution for meeting targets set by restrictive environmental regulations (e.g. Tier Emission Standard); such vehicles have a huge potential for application in the Off-Highway Mobile Machinery industry.
Putting new ideas and e-technologies into use means in most cases going through a “mild hybridization”. In fact, currently OEMs do not always need to change the construction frame of the whole machine immediately. However, some changes in layout design concepts, machine types and business models should be considered in the long term.
In this respect, integrated, compact electrohydraulic systems are considered important stages towards a solution to commonly identified problems, such as the reduction of CO2 emissions and improved performance, productivity, reliability and controllability. They are also a good option for forcing smaller diesel engines to operate within their optimum efficiency areas since, in general, the diesel engines of Off-Highway Mobile Machines operate far from their optimum efficiency range.
Combining the best properties of traditional hydraulics and electric intelligence we at Turolla have developed a series of integrated hybrid solutions (ezePower™, ezeFlow™, ezeHelp™) able to offer the following benefits:
- easy access to electrification
- energy regeneration
- higher efficiency compared to conventional solutions
- simplified solution / reduced cost of system
- noise reduction
- power-on-demand control
- increase reliability
- mobile control (PLUS+1)
ezeFlow™Family Code: ezeFlow
A “flow on demand” technology, where the steering is controlled by varying the pump speed using an electric AC motor, instead of a belt-driven solution, therefore the flow can be better matched to actual requirements, avoiding oil flow through a relief valve and consequently the efficiency of the system is improved.
- Close to zero noise emissions and vibration for steering solutions.
- High efficiency with power on demand and energy savings
- Lower installation cost & modular solution
- Lower installation costs & better use of space in cabin
- Improves driver’s seat comfort allowing under-seat mounting position
- Cleaner: potential oil lekeage reduced with less hydraulic line connections
ezeHelp™Family Code: ezeHelp
Similar to the ezeFlow™, ezeHelp™ is a lower flow and less complex electrohydraulic system.
Units consist of a 12/24V DC motor ranging from 350W – 2,2 kW coupled to a group 1 SNP1 series Turolla gear pump ranging from 1,2 cc/rev to 12 cc/rev.
- Emergency hydraulic power for steering in case of main steering failure
- Park brake release and service brake engagement
- Primary hydraulic power for lifting equipment
ezePower™Family Code: ezePower
ezePower™ is the Turolla hydraulic motor-powered electrical generator for use in mobile equipment applications. The generator produces a small amount of electrical power in areas of a machine that are too difficult, too costly, or too dangerous to run electrical wiring to.
ezePower™ eliminates dependency on wires across troublesome areas such as electric swivels, repetitive bend joints, and lengthy wire runs. Additionally junction box service points and special routing features can be removed. ezePower™ is also a viable solution to provide electric power where electrical isolation is needed on a machine.
- Eliminates complex wire routing
- Localized power eases installation of complex features